You're in the right place.
A functional medicine approach
is your answer to living the life you
deserve to live.
that works for
Find out how
Tired of Feeling Tired?
HERE IS WHERE YOU CAN GET YOUR COPY
The Thyroid Dietitian
One of the most common complaints I hear from newly diagnosed Hashimoto’s patients is, “I feel like I am going crazy.” The truth is, anxiety, panic attacks, and depression are…
When I tell people that I am studying to become a functional medicine practitioner, people usually look at me as if I just joined the crazy farm. The truth is,…
* The following was contributed to the Live Well Podcast with Christina Tidwell, Holistic Registered Nurse and AIP Coach. We’ve all been there. You go to the doctor with complaints…
My areas of expertise include:
- Thyroid Disease - Hashimoto's, Hypothyroidism, Grave's, hyperthyroidism
- Weight Loss Resistance
- Hormonal Health - This includes adrenal health and issues with sex hormone imbalance.
- Gut health - Autoimmune issues like Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's Disease or more general issues like Irritable Bowel Syndrome and SIBO
- Diabetes, Insulin Resistance
- Detox Protocols that help with bacterial, fungal, or parasitic overgrowths
What is Functional Medicine?
How can it help you?
Functional medicine differs from conventional medicine as it asks the question "why" and finding the root cause of a chronic issue as opposed to simply treating a symptom. Gastrointestinal health, nutrition, pharmaceutical intervention,supplementation, relationships, community, sleep, exercise, and overall well-being are only a few of the things that the functional medicine model emphasizes. Being a functional medicine practitioner has really helped me to hone in to the key issues affecting my patients. I am not a doctor and cannot prescribe medication, however, I use the functional medicine approach to help patients with healing diets needed to address chronic disease.
What Kinds Of Functional Medicine Tests Can We Do Together?
- SIBO Breath Test
- Dutch Test for hormonal health
- Comprehensive Stool Test to test for dysbiosis, gut function, and fungal or parasitic overgrowths
- Organic Acids Test to determine nutritional status and mitochondrial health
- Adrenal Saliva Test to check for adrenal dysfunction and cortisol patterns
- Full Thyroid Panel including TSH, Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3, Free T3 to Reverse T3 ratio, and TPO and Thyroglobulin Antibodies