I get it. Even though you have researched everything, you don't feel closer to finding your health.
I know how you feel. I was sick and felt miserable for years. No one believed that I felt as badly as I did. Even professionals blew me off as having a psychological problem.
If you are reading this, you are probably in the same situation I was. Reading A LOT to understand your health issues, experimenting on yourself to see what works and what doesn't, and hitting a road block at some point in your journey. This can be quite frustrating. I know. I was a lab rat on myself for a long time.
What helped me to better myself was when I visited a functional medicine practitioner that guided me towards where I needed to go for my body. I was surprised to find out that what worked for my friend or for my brother may not have necessarily worked for me. When I went on to study functional medicine, I discovered that this is, in fact, true as everyone has their own bioindividuality, which makes treatment and therapy different for everyone. The same is true about diet!
Now, I am certified functional medicine practitioner through the Institute of Functional Medicine in the USA so I use functional medicine tools to help you to understand and find solutions for your health issues. I can guide you towards specific and correct testing that you will need to discover your root causes. Since I am also a registered dietitian/nutritionist by trade, I can help you to achieve optimal health by helping you to understand which diets are ideal for your unique genetic code and situation. AND I am also a patient who empathizes with your daily struggles.
Tired of Feeling Tired?
HERE IS WHERE YOU CAN GET YOUR COPY
The Thyroid Dietitian
My areas of expertise include:
- Thyroid Disease - Hashimoto's, Hypothyroidism, Grave's, hyperthyroidism
- Weight Loss Resistance
- Hormonal Health - This includes adrenal health and issues with sex hormone imbalance.
- Gut health - Autoimmune issues like Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's Disease or more general issues like Irritable Bowel Syndrome and SIBO
- Diabetes, Insulin Resistance
- Detox Protocols that help with bacterial, fungal, or parasitic overgrowths
What is Functional Medicine?
How can it help you?
Functional medicine differs from conventional medicine as it asks the question "why" and finding the root cause of a chronic issue as opposed to simply treating a symptom. Gastrointestinal health, nutrition, pharmaceutical intervention,supplementation, relationships, community, sleep, exercise, and overall well-being are only a few of the things that the functional medicine model emphasizes. Being a functional medicine practitioner has really helped me to hone in to the key issues affecting my patients. I am not a doctor and cannot prescribe medication, however, I use the functional medicine approach to help patients with healing diets needed to address chronic disease.
What Kinds Of Functional Medicine Tests Can We Do Together?
- SIBO Breath Test
- Dutch Test for hormonal health
- Comprehensive Stool Test to test for dysbiosis, gut function, and fungal or parasitic overgrowths
- Organic Acids Test to determine nutritional status and mitochondrial health
- Adrenal Saliva Test to check for adrenal dysfunction and cortisol patterns
- Full Thyroid Panel including TSH, Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3, Free T3 to Reverse T3 ratio, and TPO and Thyroglobulin Antibodies